The conference will discuss the need to increase renewable energy, particularly regarding the necessity of ensuring offshore wind as a part of New York State's clean energy portfolio. The conference will also address job creation and economic development from offshore wind deployment, offshore planning initiatives, and existing proposals for Long Island offshore wind development.
**This is a free conference. Space is extremely limited. Please register now.
Date: July 31, 2012
Time: 9:00am - 2:00pm (Lunch will be provided)
Location: Long Island Association, 300 Broad Hollow Rd, Melville, NY
Opening Speaker: NYS Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli (Invited)
Landscape of Offshore Wind in 2012
- Gordian Raacke, Renewable Energy Long Island
- Adrienne Esposito, Citizens Campaign for the Environment
Panel: Economic Benefits of Offshore Wind for NY
- Moderator: Kevin Law, Long Island Association
- Siemens (focus on European experience/what’s possible here) (Invited)
- Deepwater Wind
- Carol Murphy, Alliance for Clean Energy New York
Keynote Speaker: Congressman Tim Bishop
Panel: Where Are We Now?
- Moderator: Frank Murray, NYSERDA
- Michael Snyder, NYS DOS: Offshore Planning for Wind
- Alliance for Clean Energy New York
- Citizens Campaign for the Environment
- Environmental Advocates of New York
- National Wildlife Federation
- New York League of Conservation Voters
- Renewable Energy Long Island
- Sierra Club
Thank you for joining us. We hope to see you there!
Your Friends at CCE